Monday, September 15, 2008

Try It Tuesday: Bear Naked Granola

Welcome to Try It Tuesday. You might want to read the guidelines here before you sign Mr. Linky. Thanks for participating!

Today I want to talk about granola. Truly fabulous granola. Seriously. I like granola but I didn't LOVE granola until we stayed in a bed and breakfast in Seattle a couple of years ago on our way to Alaska. They had some homemade granola for breakfast that was so good, I CHOSE NOT TO EAT THE HOMEMADE COOKIES THEY HAD ON A PLATE. Seriously. That good.

Unfortunately, it was made only at that bed and breakfast and so, when I got home, I went on a quest - a shopping quest - to find the perfect granola. I tried several boxed cereals and threw them away after one bowl. Then, in the health food aisle, I stumbled upon these packages of granola from Bear Naked. And the light was shining down on them and I think I heard some angels singing. Because this is some REALLY GOOD GRANOLA.

The fruit and nut flavor is my absolute favorite, with granola, honey, almonds, raisins, cranberries, coconut, walnuts, and pecans. You could eat it by the handful but try it in a bowl with milk. You will be glad you did. You might notice that package is actually empty in the picture. Uh, yeah. I had to wait for my camera batteries to charge up and then a couple days went by and, presto! the granola bag is empty! I also bought the blueberry walnut just so I could taste it for you, faithful readers, and it's good but not as good as my favorite.

They actually have a couple of other kinds I have on my list to try. You can see all their products on their web site and I also stumbled on this part of the web site, where you can get free reusable grocery bags if you send them in the empty granola bags. I could kick myself for throwing away all those empty bags! You know how excited I have been about the reusable grocery bags. So I will definitely be saving my empty granola bags and send them in for a free grocery bag.

Could I BE more environmentally conscious? I thought not.

Now sign Mr. Linky and tell us what you have bought lately that was totally fabulous.


Check out my Herald-Leader post today: Kid Size Pizzas

6 comments:

Totallyscrappy said...

I saw this granola in my grocery store and I might just have to throw it in the cart this week! I bet it will go great with a bowl of vanilla yogurt.

Anonymous said...

You know, I always see this granola in the supermarket and pass it by because most granola is not very tasty. But since you give it a glowing review, I will have to try it out. It might be really tasty on some yogurt. Thanks for the tip and the link to their website!

Lynda said...

You did a fabulous job describing this... I want some!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You don't have to convince me; I could live on the stuff.

Anonymous said...

I love granola but don't often imbibe due to the high calorie content. What would be the Weight Watcher's points on a 1/2 cup of Bare Naked Granola with 1/2 cup of 1% milk? If not a lot, I'm all over it! If a lot, then perhaps I'll try it during a break.

Aubrey said...

Yes!! This granola is the best!
I remember coming across it when looking for something to snack on at the office. I don't think it last thru the week!