Thursday, September 18, 2008

What Do JUNO? (Get it??)

"Some people using this medicine have engaged in activity such as driving, eating, or making phone calls and later having no memory of the activity."

-Ambien Side Effects

Perhaps I should have paid more attention to this information.

When I travel, I often take Ambien to sleep. Otherwise, I toss and turn, sleep a few hours and never really relax. Especially if my husband is snoring in his usual buzz saw fashion beside me. When we were in Pensacola a couple of months ago, I took an Ambien one night and lay down on my bed to read for a while. The print began to blur and then...that's it. That is all I remember. I assumed I just fell asleep.

The next morning, I asked Liz and Cory what they thought about "Juno". I had already seen it and they were watching it as I read. Liz paused, looked at me quizzically, and said "Uh. You watched it with us, mom."

Turns out, I had done more than fall asleep. I got up, went in the living room, had a conversation and laid on the couch with them to watch TV. Then I wished everyone a good night and went to bed.

I have no memory of this.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't take a drive. I could have ended up back in Kentucky.

And that would have been a lot more annoying that watching "Juno" twice.


Check out my Herald-Leader post today: Ya Gotta Have Friends

4 comments:

aclaypot4him said...

What about us...waking up writing about sleeping...:O)

Wep said...

ROFLMAO. That is a funny story! Please don't take Ambien and drive!

Jessica said...

Um, I do that even without medication (hence the name of my blog...a statement I said to my husband, bless his heart). I could only imagine what would happen if I took a sleeping pill.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog by way of BooMama AND I grew up in Lexington, but have lived in Pennsylvania for 25 years! Anyway, when I took Ambien I went into my son's room and all of his clothes where dancing on the floor! Any my neighbor took it and saw monkeys coming out of the laundry basket!!! :) Funny stuff! Laurie