Monday, February 26, 2007

Isn't That Just the Cutest Thang?

So, I'm trying to eat lots of fruits and veggies. As mentioned previously, I am on the Weight Watchers wagon, trying to hang on so I can get over being (fat) slightly overweight. I actually like a lot of fruits and veggies, so it's not too much of an ordeal. It's just the planning ahead, shopping, buying, preparing, etc. It requires a great deal of time which could much better be spent reading or napping. Perhaps my priorities go a long way towards explaining the fat situation.


I was at Meijer, perusing the produce section. I love Meijer's produce section. And I love the way they have cut-up fruit and veggies for sale. Good, fresh ones, not those yucky old packages from Dole that Kroger sells. I realize I could cut up my OWN fruits and veggies, but this is so much easier. And allows time for the previously mentioned naps and reading. Then I saw them. Right next to the regular pears.

They were...baby pears. Tiny little pears. Miniature pears. Why, they were just the cutest thing I have ever seen. Wait, I take that back. My grandson is the cutest thing I have ever seen. OK, these are the cutest FOOD ITEM I have ever seen. They are called Seckel Pears. They can fit in your hand and they are just perfect, miniature duplicates of a regular pear.Of course, I had to buy some. And they are really good! Very sweet. I recommend them.

And just look how cute they are compared to a regular pear.








So this just opens up all kinds of possibilities in my mind. How handy would it be to have a miniature watermelon? Or a miniature cantaloupe? Wouldn't that be cool? You could just cut them and eat them with a spoon.


I am very excited about this.








1 comments:

Sarah said...

totally agree that it is exciting! have you seen the mini potatoes? they are tiny and they are pefect to drop whole into a pot roast, or even boil them and mash them with the skins on (not need to peal or chop!!!). they have red skin and yellow. I am sure they just dig them up a little earlier, but still really cute!