Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Warm Wool Coat Kind Of Day

It's a warm wool coat kind of day. The temperature has dropped suddenly and drastically and there was some light frost on the car windshields this morning. When I checked the outside temperature by stepping out on the deck, I withdrew hastily. And got out my warm wool coat.




It's an apple crunching day. A thick beef stew day. A fresh bread, warm cookies, spicy scented pie kind of day. A hot chocolate with whipped cream kind of day.
It's a leaf crackling, cold nose, smoky scented, bright blue sky kind of day.




It's a bundle up, gloves on, scarf tucked in, warm socks kind of day.
It's a good book by the fire with a light throw over your legs kind of day.




We just got back from Puerto Vallarta. It was warm and sunny and sea breezy. It was wonderful.
But this crispy, delicious, zesty fall day? Is pretty wonderful too.








2 comments:

Fancy said...

I love all your fall pictures. Isn't it amazing what you see when you really look.

This is John's favorite time of the year.

XOXO

Jhianna said...

Those pictures are beautiful.

And btw - thank you for pointing me to the Fall Y'all giveaway. I've entered a ton, and I'd love to be part of the next one.

(I didn't put myself on your list because I'm not a Mom - someone else will love getting that, I don't want to take it away from them.)