Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Google Reader. I HEART You.

If you are planning on doing some Chrismakwanzaahanuka shopping on Black Friday, you might want to check out Amazon. They are having hourly deals and it looks like they might have some good bargains. If you enter through this link, I will earn some pennies for whatever you spend. Think new shoes. New shoes for Mrs. Who. Doesn't it warm your heart?


http://www.amazon.com/b/?node=384082011&tag=iknwhyocafiit-20



And now. The ACTUAL daily post. Not a sneaky advertisement I tried to slip in on you.



Liz has been talking about Google Reader for months. How fabulous it is. How easy it is to use. To read your blogs that way. But I have been resistant. She is my BABY GIRL. My CHILD. Of course, she is married, has a child of her own, has a fabulous job and is, I guess I would have to say, TECHNICALLY a grown-up. But still.

I LIKE reading my blogs. I'm like a little old lady with her crocheting, chuckling quietly as I page through the many, many blogs, ignoring all those young whippersnappers trying to give me advice. Damn it, I KNOW how to crochet. I mean blog. You know I mean blog.

Well. Hee.


Actually.

After my niece blogged about using Google Reader, I thought, Geez these girls are really pretty knowledgeable, maybe, just possibly, I should give this a shot. Even though I LOVE going to the blogs and I LOVE seeing the designs and the banners and the pictures and it's just easy to click on my links, what's the big deal, but OH, MY GOD.

Google Reader is the bomb. THE BOMB. And maybe that expression is outdated but I still like it, so WHATEVER.

You just put in your blogs and it keeps track of them and tells you when they are updated and you don't have to spend, like, an hour clicking on all of them.

Huh. What do you know.

You CAN teach an old dog new tricks.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Yea! Glad you also heart the Google Reader.