Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I Should Have Had a Premonition This Movie Would Suck

So, I finally got around to watching "Premonition" with Sandra Bullock. I was SO excited about watching it. This is just my kind of movie as you, my faithful blog readers, know. I love time travel stories and stories about alternate realities and the complications that can occur, so I was all jacked up about seeing it. I popped some popcorn, curled up on the couch in my stretchy velour jogging pants (what? I might jog at some point.) and ordered it up on On Demand(that doesn't sound right but it WAS on On Demand) and settled in for some entertainment.


SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER


Can you BELIEVE that ending?? After she experiences the horror of going through her husband's death SEVERAL (I forget how many; it got a little confusing) times and then finds out he was getting ready to have an affair and realizes how much he means to her and goes to save him. After he has decided he really loves her after all and is not going to have an affair and she runs out of the house in her robe and slippers to intercept him so he won't get decapitated by a runaway truck (And can I say here...eeeeewwwww), and she can SEE HIM in his car and THEY ARE TALKING on their cell phones and she is telling him to get out of the car, get out of the car, get out of the car (And WHY can't he open the door - there is nothing wrong with the car) and then. Right in front of her, the truck plows into his car, apparently decapitating him and, even then, even then, I had hope that he had thrown himself down on the seat to miss decapitation but no. The car explodes into a ball of flame. But even then. Yes, I am an incurable romantic who loves happy endings. Even then I thought maybe he would come staggering around the truck with soot on his face and his shirt torn where he had thrown himself from the car JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME. But no. He's toast. Decapitated toast, apparently.


And that's just not right. OK, they show her pregnant in the end like he gave her a little parting gift before he was decapitated and blown up, but that's just not enough for me. She went through too much. She tried too hard. It was just unbelievable and horrible and JUST NOT RIGHT for him to be blown up. And decapitated. Decapitated. Perhaps I am saying that too may times. But. He was.


I'm changing the ending in my head as we speak. He is staggering out from behind the truck and they hug, right there in the road and he picks her up he is hugging her so hard and one of her slippers falls off in the road and he says "Thank God, Thank God, I didn't think I was going to get to tell you how much I love you. I love you, I love you" and he is kissing her face all over and they are both crying.

Now isn't that a MUCH better ending? Seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Premonition was not one of my favorites either.
Too much jumping back and forth.
I love Sandra Bulluock movies, but not this one.
vj

Jhianna said...

I was so upset with the ending of the movie that I had to restrain myself from throwing the remote at the TV. Gah!