Monday, January 3, 2011

Undecorating Is Not NEARLY As Much Fun As Decorating

So, I finally got all the Christmas decorations taken down. And it only took me one entire day out of my life. Geez. The tree, the ornaments, the lights, the candles, the poinsettias, the things that sit around and have no purpose but to look nice, the Christmas tablecloth, the...anyway. All down.



I started taking down the tree and the frakkin' lights were completely tangled around one of the branches so I kept jerking and pulling and finally I just took the whole branch off the tree. It's fake, needless to say. I set that branch aside and proceeded to take off the 3,981 ornaments I had on the tree, along with the 8,741 lights. At least, it certainly seemed like that many.



Then I had to take the tree apart and put it in the box and put the box back in the storage closet, along with the other 5,981 boxes of Christmas decorations and the empty present boxes that, of course, I will forget I have next year so I will get a bunch more at the stores and put this into an endless loop and you have my day.



Then in goes all the luggage into the packed storage closet last because, of course, we will be traveling before next Christmas and will need to get them out and then I was DONE.



Everything is all neat and organized and I am just the MOST ORGANIZED PERSON ALIVE.


Until I come back upstairs and see that one branch I pulled off the Christmas tree still lying on the floor.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto except I left the Christmas rug lying in the front hall. Kept walking over it, on it, around it, never saw it. All done with undecorating and there it lays.........