Monday, October 1, 2007

Don't Worry, Be Happy. Not.

You know how some days are just.so.great. You are just lookin' good and you are so relaxed and your job is stress-free and things are just so frackin' fabulous you don't know what to do with yourself.

Yeah. Last Tuesday was not like that. From the moment I got to school until the moment I left 13 HOURS LATER, I was busy. BUSY. Somehow, I have become the designated technology expert at our school (Liz just sprayed Pumpkin Spice Starbucks on her keyboard because she is laughing so hard) so I had to revamp a Power Point presentation for a program that night (incorporating a video clip of our new Chinese class ), finish downloading a video of a student teacher in Microsoft Moviemaker and put it on a web page for her, tape a video of our new playground safety lesson plan with some kids on the playground, create and print out a brochure about our student technology group, put some clips from the morning show on a laptop to show at the program, and work on my online curriculum and the school web pages.

This is in addition to helping the students put on the school-wide morning show, teaching my regular classes and staying after school to grade arts and humanities tests.

Then, I had to set up a table in the front hall, decorate it and set up the laptop to show the morning show clips. THEN I had to clean the library and shelve books and make sure everything was presentable since the parents who were visiting the school were meeting in there.

The program was supposed to be from 6:00 - 7:00 in the evening but we had a couple of parents who...kept...asking questions and we didn't get away from school until almost 8:00. I got home, watched some TV and fell into bed.

When I got here this morning, I felt like I never left.

And then yesterday I got a call from my travel agent. Our travel documents for Puerto Vallarta were in. In two weeks, I'll be lying on the beach. Don't worry. Be happy.

0 comments: