Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film."

Do you have Microsoft Office 2007 yet? Well, I do. And it is making me CRAZY. The programs are all fairly similar and not too difficult to use but Outlook 2007 has a new feature that is making me CRAZY. CRAZY, I tell you.

You know how when you used to just type in a url in Outlook, that http thing, or copy and paste it, and it would just AUTOMATICALLY, because it was just SO SMART, make it into a hyperlink? Well, it doesn't do that any more. Instead, you have to click on Insert, THEN copy and paste the url, then it will insert it as a hyperlink.

Do you know how many times I have copied that url into an email instead of going through those steps? Do you have any idea? Approximately four skillion. Because I CAN NOT remember that you have to do it that way now. I. can't. remember. I seem to be physically unable to remember that I have to do that. And, of course, it seems like I insert a hyperlink into my email messages constantly. So, every time. I have to go through the two steps. Do it the old way, realize that doesn't work any more, then do it the new way. EVERY SINGLE TIME. God.

I guess once I do it the new way enough times, I will finally remember. But maybe not.

Last night, as I was going upstairs, Tom asked me to plug in his beard trimmer. It has a battery that has to charge so he wanted it charged up when he came upstairs to take his shower in a few minutes. I came upstairs and promptly forgot. I think I might have actually forgotten when I was about halfway up the stairs.

He came up, went back in the bathroom and called out "Why isn't my beard trimmer plugged in???" Oops. Sorry. No memory. None at all. NON-EXISTENT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can TOTALLY relate to the memory lapse. There are post its in the car for all the things I need to do on my way home and a post it on the nightstand so I can write down all the things I need to do at school the next day....what did people do before post its were invented? My friends would think I feel off the plantet if I didn't keep track of appointments somehow...they would never see me.

Unknown said...

I have no memory either. I empathize greatly. It's truly a pain to not be able to remember anything. I've just learned to write everything down. Don't assume because you only need three items from the store that you don't need a list. You need a list. Otherwise, you will find yourself standing in the middle of the store wondering why you are there. At least I do. So annoying!